Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Chapter Three: My Story

Well to begin today I think I will explain the absence I have had from this blog. A large part of it is due to the fact that I have had writers block. I'm stuck. I've put my character Edward into a new world, surrounded by danger and I have no idea how to get him to the next part of the story. He is surrounded by nothing on all sides except for a large forest to the west. I know were he is going, he is going to head north because that is were Chicago is, but how to get him there. I know the distance is considerable and that it would take him to long to walk there, I also know that there is a small village on the way that he is going to stop at but how to get him even that far. I think that maybe there will be a battle that will erupt around him and he will flee towards the village, but he has no food, water or money so the problems are considerable. Once he gets to Chicago I know what is going to happen. I know I want to avoid a lot of the fantasy and science-fiction stereotypes, like dream sequences and unatural powers due to destiny and the force...ect. I don't want knights and generals and the such, I want real human drama in a realy fucked up world. It's already been pretty good at blending the two genre's together into one. I'm really interested to see what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home