Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Chapter Two: The Next Phase

Welcome the real begining of the journey. Now that the introductions are done we can get down to the real business at hand. Writing. My Stories often extend from current events both around the world and in my own home. I then do my best to translate it into a fantasy realm and that is both new in landscape but also in the genre. I am tired of fantasy stories inhabited by kindly kings and omniscient wizards with half-wit halfling side kicks, or any creature with the word half or dark in its name. Fantasy is by far the easiest genre of fiction to create a story in, namely because there is infinate possibilities. Why is it then that no one seems to want to come up with anything new anymore? I try and sometimes I succeed, like this novel. That doesn't mean there can't be wizards or dragons. Look at Harry Potter. Your personal feelings on the series aside you must admit it puts a great new swing on the old diatribes. Ultimately what I would love to see is a whole new world, a complete reinvention of what we call fantasy literature. I don't know for sure how to do it but I would love some ideas. Lets brainstorm and see what we can come up with. Once again...Good Night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Oooo...ominous.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home